Former Idols SA Contestant Allegedly Abused By Ex Boyfriend

Tweeps are rallying around her

By  | Dec 14, 2021, 02:42 PM  | Drama

Image of Nkobie Linda
Cases of Gender Based Violence have been on the rise recently, much to the alarm of many in the country. And now it seems it is touching our favourite ZAlebs too. 

According to reports, former Idols SA contestant Nqobie Linda has come out to say she was assaulted by her ex boyfriend. Allegedly, she was hosting a ladies night recently, when the man she had long broken up with gatecrashed the event. He then proceeded to abuse her physically in the presence of her guests. 

Photos were shared of Linda's battered face, and it looks like he hit her right in the eye and cheek. Have a look. 

Mzansi is divided over the incident. Disappointingly, there are those who have been blaming her for the alleged assault, although their finger pointing is shrouded in fake concern. They have been asking what exactly she did to the man for that to happen, while others have been poking holes in the story, wondering why none of the guests defended her against him. 




Luckily, though, there were way more tweeps who were sympathetic to the singer.  They have united in a call for her to press charges against him and get him arrested. They think it is about time that people get some consequences for assaulting others, and they are ready to support her if she will be brave enough to report the incident to the relevant authorities. 





Nqobie is not the first ZAleb to come forward with her domestic abuse story. Not too long ago, Skeem Saam star Pebetsi Matlaila shared her sad story of assault at the hands of her ex. She said she strongly believed that the devil was after her, which led her to leave social media for a while to preserve her mental and spiritual health. She also said that her ex had put her through near-death abuse, much to the shock of many SAns. 

We are sure many still remember the allegations that star singer Kelly Khumalo leveled against her ex and baby daddy Jub Jub some time back. Pictures were shared of her brutalised face, as she spoke about how toxic her relationship with him had been, including drug use too. The singer has since healed from her toxic past, but it seems that the public is determined to remember the gruesome stories. 

It is quite unfortunate that gender based violence is still rampant in 2021. While we completely understand those who have chosen to err on the side of caution by waiting to hear the other side of the story. After all, Unathi Nkayi recently falsely accused Sizwe Dhlomo of assault, and the truth came out just as Mzansi was preparing to cancel Sizwe, which would have been unfair. 
However, it’s odd that some would outright blame the victim for what happened. Cassper Nyovest recently came out strongly against Gender Based Violence, in a move that many hoped would inspire similar sentiments across Mzansi. For now, we offer Nqobi all our support, and hope the allegations are leveled to the right authorities for the law to take its course. 


Read more