The fact that Salamina Mosese shows barely any physical signs of aging makes it hard to believe that she has been working as an entertainer for 18 years, but the way the ZAlebs team feels about her is proof that Mosese is a mainstay in the South African entertainment industry.
Although the actress, model and television presenter - who originally hails from Zebediela in Limpopo - kicked off her career with her acting role in the the SABC1 youth drama series Soul Buddyz back in 1999, her most notable roles to date have been in the eTV drama Backstage and her time as a presenter on eTV's Craz-E.
Her relationship with fellow entertainer, Tshepo 'Howza' Mosese, captured the attention of the nation and their 2008 wedding was the talk of the town.
9 years later, the pair has one child (a daughter named Tumelo) and thankfully still going strong. They are also open to expanding their family.
Because she is so low-key, here are a few facts you might have missed out on about the star:
- She suffered a mild stroke on her way to work, shortly before her 30th birthday and it temporarily cost her, her ability to speak
- She once worked as a Top Billing presenter
- Salamina and Howza won the Inspirational Couple of The Year Award at the 2016 I Do Awards hosted by the magazine of the same name
Speaking to Move! Magazine about the award, Salamina was quoted as saying, "we believe real love encompasses being patient, loving and loyal. Being friends first also plays a major role in our relationship. Giving up on each other is not an option. Giving each other space is also showing love. We made a choice to commit to one another, so we have to make it work. Tshepo makes loving him easy because he is kind, easy-going and dependable. I’ve grown to respect his quiet confidence and I love the way he looks at me."
- She holds a Regenesys Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management which she officially obtained early last year in addition to a degree in corporate communications from the University of Johannesburg. She also plans to go back and get her MBA.
- You will never find pictures of Tumelo online as Salamina is admittedly not a fan of exposing her daugther to the negativity some people display online
- Howza proposed to her four months into their relationship
Although, in an interview with Sowetan, she revealed that they disagree on the exact time when he asked her to marry him. "He insists it's eight months, but I know that it was four months after dating. For me, the other four months we were just friends trying to get to know each other," she explained.
It is for those reasons and more that she is our #WCW today.
Main image credit: instagram.com/salaminamosese