There was a lot of buzz about the MTV Base VJ Search last year but it turns out it was only open to contestants in Nigeria and a lot of you were disappointed but you'll be happy to hear that it's back and open to SA this time.
You could be joining the likes of Nomuzi Mabena, Sizwe Dhlomo, Fikile 'Fiks' Moeti and Sandile 'GQ' Ntshangase as the next MTV Base VJ.
Live auditions will be held in four South African cities, namely;
- Johannesburg - in Soweto at Zone 6 Venue on 03 June
- Durban - at the Olive Convention Centre, North Beach 0n 10 June
- Cape Town - Belmont Square in Rosebank on 17 June
- Port Elizabeth - The Beach Hotel in Summerstrand on the 24th of June
#MTVBaseVJSearch is back | where are you auditioning?— #MTVBaseVJSearch (@MTVBaseSouth) May 24, 2017
❤ for PE
Now, we've watched this enough times to know what you guys should and shouldn't do:
1. Do not try to imitate your faves, they're looking for something new and that could possibly be who you really so don't hide that under a Scoop Makhatini or Bonang Matheba impression.
2. If you lack the swag and confidence to pull it off, don't wear shades during your audition.
3. Do arrive early. The lines get super long and you could end up spending all day in line without even seeing the judges if you're not early.
4. Speaking of... pack snacks guys, you're in for a LONG WAIT. Pack camp chairs if you have to.
5. Avoid "yo it's your boy/girl" in your intro.
6. We know it's scary but make sure to look each judge in the eye during your audition, it show's confidence and that's what you'll need for this job so show them that you have lots of it
7. Attire matters - put your best foot forward.
Main image credit: twitter.com/mtvbasesouth