Ever since Senzo Radebe’s stint on Muvhango as Sthembiso Gumede, the actor has been soaring in the industry and bagging various gigs and he's yet to fulfil his dreams of owning a production house of his own.
Here are a couple of things you might not know about Senzo:
- Senzo Radebe was born in Alexandra.
- He’s turned his prime obsession of fitness into a second job by becoming a fitness instructor.
“When I’m not acting, I’m a personal trainer...and I mostly train people who are on TV as well, because they understand timing, because sometimes I’m shooting at six, and the person is probably shooting at 12h00, so we can talk..." he said in a recent interview on MassivMetro.
- Senzo has always been fascinated by the acting scene, however, it was only in grade 10 that he made the decision to take dramatic arts as one of his subjects at school.
“When other kids were playing soccer...I’d always be indoors watching movies...I’d always see myself as a starring, I’d always see myself being there and my mom would support that,…then grade 10 is when I realised that I actually wanted to do this and I was fortunate enough to go to a school where there was a dramatic arts subject…”
- After auditioning for the role of Vusi (Thandeka’s son) on Muvhango, Senzo went through eight callbacks and didn’t get the role, but rather got called back for a different character which was created specifically for him.
“I was auditioning for the role of Vusi... every time I’d go to a call-back, I’d think that there’s a lot of people that want to see me getting this, so I did all the eight callbacks and then I didn’t get the gig, then I got a call, and they’re like: 'Listen, we created another character for you, his name is Sthembiso, no audition, no nothing, just tell us when you can start shooting…'”
- Getting a lead role on Ingozi and getting a gig on Mzanzi Magics Abomama are the biggest highlights for Senzo, but the 25-year-old actor plans on starting his own production company at a later stage in his career.
- You might also like: Sindi Dlathu might come back to Muvhango?
Main image credit: instagram.com/@senzo_radebe