Win a once-in-a-lifetime trip to the MTV Video Music Awards in the US with MTV and Sprite!
All you need to do is watch your favourite MTV shows every weekday between 8 and 10pm (or your fave Base shows, DStv channel 322, on weekdays between 4 and 6pm CAT), look out for an image of the MTV Moonman trophy and take a selfie with it! Then, simply upload it to Twitter or Instagram, tagging @MTVZA, with the hashtag #IWantMyVMA and you could be at the year’s most explosive music event on 24 August!
We’ve had Miley twerking, Kanye mouthing off and Britney and Madonna kissing – what kind of scandal will this year’s VMA dish out? Whatever it is, you’ll get to see it all up close!
“#IWantMyVMA” Competition Terms & Conditions
1. The “#IWantMyMTV” competition is open from Tuesday 22 July at 12:00 pm and will close on Friday 8 August at midnight (the “Competition”).
2. The promoter of the Competition is MTV Networks Africa (Pty) Ltd of 1 Saxon Road, Hyde Park, Johannesburg, 2196, Tel: +27 11 4282903 (the “Promoter”).
3. To enter, entrants must take a picture (or “selfie”) of themselves with an image of the MTV VMA Moonman when it appears on screen, either during the 20:00 to 22:00 block on MTV (DStv channel 130), or during the 16:00 to 18:00 block on MTV Base (DStv channel 322), then tweet or Instagram the image, tag @mtvza and use the hashtag #IWantMyMTV.
4. Entrants will be able to enter the Competition as many times as they like, but only with different photos. This will also not guarantee you a win has winners will be picked randomly.
5. At the end of the Competition, one winner will be chosen at random based on fulfilling the requirements of the Competition. The winner will be notified via tweet, direct message or Instagram message, and will subsequently be contacted by phone.
6. Winners need to be 18 years or older, will have to be in possession of a valid South African passport and will have to be available to travel between 22 and 26 August.Should the winner not be granted a US visa for whatever reason, the promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prizes and select a new winner.
7. The following prizes will be awarded: an all-expenses paid trip for two to Inglewold, California, to attend the VMAs, including air travel, ground transport and accommodation.
If a winner declines the prize or is disqualified, a further winner will be chosen until all the prizes are awarded and accepted.
8. A list of the winners may be obtained on www.mtv.co.za.
9. Competition is open to residents of South Africa ONLY.
10. Employees of the Promoter, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, associated and group companies and any other company involved in this competition, their families and agents, are not eligible to participate in this competition.
11. By entering this competition, entrants agree that they will be bound by these terms and conditions as well as the General Competition Rules which can be found on the www.mtvbase.com.
12. If this Competition involves Twitter, Facebook or any other social media platform in the Competition entry process, entrants must note that any use of profanity, vulgar language, sexist, political or racially motivated content or any other form of discrimination, will be removed from the social media platform and the entrant will be automatically disqualified.
13. These rules shall be governed by the laws of South Africa. The participant consents to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the South Gauteng High Court, in respect of all matters arising out of or in connection with the Competitions or these rules.
14. If any provision of these rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision shall be severed from these rules and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
15. It is not intended that any provision of these rules contravenes any provision of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008, and therefore all provisions of these rules must be treated as being qualified, if necessary, to ensure that the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act are complied with.