Gigi Lamayne might be one of the leading female voices in African rap today, but she has come a long way, and as she steps up the ladder in her career, she is speaking about some of the things you might not have known about her.
Here are five fun facts about Gigi Lamayne:
Gigi Lamayne enjoys cooking and says she’s quite good at it too.
“I love to cook, My favourite dishes would be your Sunday meals or a young beef lasagna with parsley and mixed herbs…”
- Like most girls, the rapper loves getting her nails done
“I love my nails...the nails have to always be on point, looking good”
- The rapper who is also a poet, wrote her first poem when she was just 11-years-old and was later discovered by Pro Kid and Dankie San
“I wrote my first poem when I was eleven, it was published at the Poetry institute of South Africa, I went on to be discovered by Pro Kid and Dankie San so that's when my career kind of kicked off"
- Gigi Lamayne who is reportedly dating DJ Citi Lyts, giggled at the thought of the first song she wrote being called City lights
“My first song was called City lights so that's like really really weird"
- The rapper has three tattoos on her upper body one of her ankh, the eye of Ra and Cleopatra.
- Gigi has a foot fetish and says that feet always determine her pursuing friendships.
- You might also like: A look at Gigi Lamayne's glow up
Main image credit: instagram.com/@gigi_lamayne