And with her star rising with every episode she appears on, it is without a doubt that Soso Rungqu is in it for the long haul.
Here are a few things we've come to learn about Soso:
- She's 34-years old and was born in East London.
- The actress is an alumni of the University of Pretoria and holds a degree in Performance Art. Well, we guess Duma Ndlovu will definitely be hitting her up for more roles.
- Soso has great admiration for fellow Isidingo actress - Khabonina she has revealed this in their latest interview with Drum magazine saying: " I grew up watching her on TV. I knew one day I'd get there because I could see a bit of my self in her, that's why we get along so well."
- Her ultimate character is to play the role of Brenda Fassie - "I've always said this, 'one day I'm going to play uBrenda Fassie.' I've always said this. And then I went on Zaziwa long before what's happening now and when Pearl asked me what role I would like to play I was like 'Yo man I would love to play Brenda Fassie."
- For 10-years she struggled to get good acting jobs but that never deterred her from reaching her dreams of becoming one of the most notable actresses in the country.
- Soso is a mother of a sixteen-year-old son.
Soso is clearly a favourite amongst Isidingo viewers as well.
Soso Rungqu who plays Morongwa on Isidingo is such a gem! 😂👏 Her scene where she was tuning Barker what time it is wooooow! 👏👏— Pampi (@MissPampi) February 9, 2017
Soso Rungqu uyandigcaza,ezashori zakhe,such a talented actress oh she's Morongwa on Isidingo.— Sibongile Jafta (@SibongileJafta) June 6, 2016
And we can never forget this epic performance by her that had the whole country in stitches for the entire week.
Shout out to Soso may she have many more roles to come in the future.
Main Image Credit: Instagram/@Sosovanderru