And many people thought that she was actually going to walk away with the title. Unfortunately, she didn't but it is without a doubt that she's left a lasting impression on many South Africans.
Here are a few things we've come to learn about the gorgeous 24-year-old.
- Last year she was a final year law student at the University of Fort Hare.
- She was born and bred in East London
- Believe it or not, but in previous interviews, Thando has mentioned that she grew up as a tomboy so when she began showing interest in modeling, her family was taken by surprise.
- She's had the pleasure of being crowned Miss Fort Hare 2014 and Miss Eastern Cape Beauty With A Purpose 2017.
- She's sighted interest in the entertainment industry, especially as a TV presenter but her career goal is building her resume as an attorney.
- In a 2017 interview, Thando mentioned that she was thinking of entering Miss South Africa but she was still toying with the idea then. Fast-forward to 2018 and she's found herself being the most loved and followed Miss SA 2018 contestant
- Some people think she looks like Tyra Banks. Do you see it?
- Fact, she looks good in any hairstyle, short hair, weaves, braids, you name it, she rocks it.
Main Image Credit: Instagram/@ThandoMfundisi