Mandoza's family and Mzwakhe Mbuli respond to fraud claims

Mandoza's family and Mzwakhe Mbuli respond to fraud claims

Oct 18, 2016, 01:20 PM

Mandoza

Just a few weeks since the passing of Kwaito legend Mandoza, a story made headlines on Sunday the 16th of October claiming that poet Mzwakhe Mbuli and Mandoza's manager Kevin Ntaopane had fraudulently robbed the legend's family. A press conference was held to set the record straight.

ZAlebs attended the press conference held at SAMRO house in Braamfontein. The conference was attended by media groups including eNCA, SABC, ANN7 and more.

Mandoza's wife, uncle, Mzwakhe Mbuli, and President of MASA Tebogo Sithathu addressed the media about the Sunday World article that shocked everyone.

READ: Mandoza's wife fires his manager for fraud

Tebogo delivered opening remarks and said "Mandoza will continue to benefit from his policies, his wife and his children will benefit for the next coming 50 years"

Mzwakhe Mbuli who was the Programme Director at Mandoza's funeral and Mandoza's manager Kevin were said to have committed fraud with regards to the funds of the Nkalakatha hit maker.

Mzwakhe commenced his address by saying, Mandoza proposed to perform at the SABC concert in the exact same room the press conference is being held.

Mzwakhe added that, after the family had publicly disclosed that Mandoza had cancer, the media persisted and asked Mzwakhe to be specific as to what time Mandoza would perform because he is dead already.

"The media killed Mandoza before the actual death, Mandoza died on the 18th of September, 18th of October we are here, where is ubuntu?" asked the poet

Mpho Tshabalala who was not supposed to be in attendance of the conference according to Mandoza's uncle briefly said "I'm not a person who reads papers, I never said anything. the people who know me know that I would never say such; I never accused Mzwakhe and Kevin of defrauding Mduduzi, Mpho urged the media to please lay off her husband, and let him rest in peace. 

Tebogo confirmed that Mpho knows nothing about this. Him and Mzwakhe just had an innocent chat and were shocked as to how this story had been blown out of proportion. There is no letter that was written.

Tebogo concluded that they will decide as a company and seek legal advice with regards to the article that was written by a Sunday World journalist.

Image Credit: Instagram

Written by

Thokozile Mahlangu

Don't miss out

Sign Up For Our Hot Newsletter

Leave a comment

Don't miss out

Sign Up For Our Hot Newsletter