Katlego Danke returned onto our TV screens back in 2016 playing the character of Kgothalo, whom she's described as a gutsy go-getter.
Katlego took a 3-year hiatus from acting after playing her role as Dineo Mashaba on Generations. In an interview with Destiny Connect, Katlego mentioned that during the time she was absent from our TV screens she had placed all her energy on motherhood and her other businesses.
ZAlebs recently caught up with the actress to ask her the five things she likes about her current character and five things she's come to dislike about Kgothalo after having played the role for the past two years.
What I like about Kgothalo
1. The woman is focused and driven. That allows her to achieve many things in her life and she does not get sidetracked.
2. She’s self-determined. She doesn’t allow others opinions of her to sway her decisions or even who she decides to be. Kgothalo has a great internal compass and she’s not a people pleaser.
3. She is loving even though she can be quite hard and rigid. She shows that she can be entirely human and she loves as fiercely as she hates. She’s not about half measures.
4. Kgothalo is a go-getter. She has achieved so much in such a short space of time in her industry. She has conquered in a male-dominated industry of mining technology, and she continues to reach higher levels of success.
5. She is loyal to a fault. She’s loyal no matter what, and she would defend those she loves with her very life.
What I dislike about Kgothalo:
1. She can be ruthlessly cruel and cold. She can be quite detached and uncaring about who she hurts especially if she’s been hurt herself or thinks her loved ones have been hurt.
2. She can be so focused on work that it is tongue exclusion of life and sometimes this means neglecting the very relationships she cares about.
3. She can sometimes be too practical in relationships and sometimes loses important people in her life and hurts herself in the same token.
4. Kgothalo easily crosses the line into illegal activities. To her, the end justifies the means and she’s not too particular about staying on the right side of the law. This I believe can potentially also get her into trouble with the law at some point.
5. She can be quite a bully in her relationships with men. She sometimes doesn’t allow her men the space to determine their own path in the relationship and more often than not this gets her into difficult relationships with men.
Catch Katlego Danke every week on Isidingo.
- What to read next: Twitter slams Cassper Nyovest for Isidingo 'shaming' accusations
Main image Credit: Instagram/@KatlegoDankeofficial