And with a television career that spans over twenty years, Mam' Nandi Nyembe still has a lot to offer and teach for all you aspiring actors out there.
Here are a few things we've come to learn about Nandi Nyembe
- She is currently 66-years of age but doesn't look a day over 50
- Mam' Nandi was born in Kliptown Johannesburg but also grew up in various places like Botswana and East London.
- During an interview on Bona Magazine, Mam' Nandi shared how she used to always be cast as a maid because of the apartheid regime which angered her deeply. This led her to do more protest theatre with fellow black artists.
- The actress has appeared on many television drama series such as Gaz'lam, Generations, Hillside, Isithembiso, iSthunzi, 4 Play: Sex tips for girls, Yizo Yizo, Jacob's Cross, Soul City and The Road and Isibaya.
- She is a real sangoma and so is her daughter. Although she no longer practices as a sangoma she does assist her daughter with her own sangoma duties.
- Apperantly she also enjoys rapping alongside with her grandchildren as well.
Here's to more years of seeing Mam' Nandi on our TV screens.
Main Image Credit: Facebook