Moonchild Sanelly has been in the entertainment industry for 12-years, having traveled the world with her music, Mzanzi has finally recognized her after her feature on Midnight Starring with Busisiswa, and the musician is planning on becoming an international star.
Here are some of the things you need to know her:
- The artist's stage name ‘Moonchild’, stems from her spiritual background, the name is a direct translation of ‘iNyanga’, meaning moon.
- The Port Elizabeth born musician moved to Johannesburg with just twenty-four songs and has been in the industry for 12-years and has evolved with time, transitioning from poetry to Hip-hop, Jazz and now, her new found sound which she coined as ‘Future ghetto punk’ in 2007.
- The fashionable Sanelly who makes some of her clothes studied fashion design, and has admitted to once wanting to be a Psychologist.
- Sanelly was raised in the spotlight since her late mother - who passed away when Sanelly went to fashion school - put her on stage when she was just six months old.
- The musician is also a mother to three daughters who she sees occasionally as their based in Port elizabeth with their father's grandmother.
- One of her daughters, Artemis, is a nine-year-old musician who is said to have finished recording her EP and will soon be shooting her video in June
About Last night when @artemis_wafika Took on to the stage #holaben10 #FastRepost from @sunshineshibs by @fastrepost_app ••• Are they not just too much nje? 🖤 #MotherAndChild #Artists #Creators @moonchildsanelly & her Mini Me. #aboutlastnight #surpriseacts #shedeservesherownshow #twinning #cheriyasekasi #siyasebenza #sjagency #collaborations @cheriyasekasi with @sjnagency
Moonchild is in a loving relationship with her boyfriend, Oarabile, who is a copywriter and a musician.
“I’m like his inside...he’s probably the most secure guy, cause I’m used to being dumped, because...I’m a fascination, then you come into my space then I’m pressure, then you’re insecure, then I have to dilute my aura"
Speaking on her goals, the musician revealed that she planned on taking on the world in 2018 by touring different countries and launching a fashion range.
- You might also like: Moonchild Sanelly's crown
Main image credit: instagram.com/@moonchildsanelly