Award winning rapper Rouge
has come a long way and as much as it hasn't been easy, she has been fortunate enough to have her family and boyfriend as her support system.
- Rouge's first introduction into the industry was as a musician at the age of 18-years-old.
- Though Rouge has never been to Congo, the rapper who grew up in South Africa is Congolese and can speak French.
- Becoming a rapper has not always been Rouge's dream.
"I didn't wanna do music, I did not wanna rap, that was never my plan, I studied musical theatre, that was my goal...I wanted to be in Broadway...I'm still gonna do it, it's just that right now, Gods like: 'No, this is where you need to be"
she admitted in a recent interview with Africa Business radio
I can....I just dont. ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ #jockey #hiphop #Queen #blackgirlmagic #natural #photography #music
A post shared by Rouge 🇨🇩🇿🇦 (@rouge_rapper) on Apr 29, 2018 at 8:03am PDT
- Rouge joined a record label at a young age, however, she did not do music for two years and had to call her lawyer sister to help her revisit her contract.
"I joined a label - once again, I did not know anything about labels - I did not know anything about contracts. I chilled for two years, I didn't see a studio..."
- Rouge has managed her career, however, she says that it was "killing her creative side."
Yea I like you too dude. @thegingermac #bestfriendgoals #ginger #red #picoftheday #zimbabwe #congolese Makeup : @mac_ole
A post shared by Rouge 🇨🇩🇿🇦 (@rouge_rapper) on Apr 30, 2018 at 1:07am PDT
- The rapper is taken by Zimbabwean playwright, actor, dancer and director boo, MacMillan Mabaleka.
- Rouge watches Horror movies every day.
"I cannot go a day without watching Horrors, it's like my daily routine"
Following her New Era sessions album
, the rapper is currently working on her next album which she says will have well-known artists featured on the album and the bilingual artists might include French in the album as well.
Main image credit: instagram.com/@rouge_rapper