Following the high of her return to acting, Relebogile Mabotja's life almost took a dark turn after she was exposed to allergens and had to be rushed to hospital after lunch at a popular local restaurant chain.
She took to Twitter to narrate the experience before tagging the restaurant and demanding an apology and compensation.
According to Mabotja, she had gone to Emperor's Palace in the East Rand for a meal with colleagues and was assisted by a waiter who was allegedly visibly annoyed by her persistence about finding out what was in the food she was being served.
She recounted how the chef and waiter both insisted that there were no allergens contained in the meal she ordered, however, she still felt ill after taking a few bites.
"After asking him again, if the dressing was made with pesto which contains nuts, he eventually realised & said... 'Ooooh, there is pesto'. Within a few minutes I was battling to breathe and in the clinic. They were unable to stabilize me so an ambulance was called to take me to hospital," tweeted Mabotja.
She stated that the chef and waiter later checked on her but at the time she was tweeting, she was yet to hear from head office.
The restaurant in question, Col'Cacchio Pizzeria, has since tweeted an apology and are reportedly working to rememdy the situation.
We have apologised to Lebo for this very unfortunate situation. We are speaking to her to ensure that she is fully recovered & will be taking the necessary steps to prevent this from happening again in the future.— Col'Cacchio (@ColCacchio) May 11, 2018
Main image credit: instagram.com/relebogile/