If you grew up in the 90's chances are you were one of those kids, who watched Sarafina more than five times, just like us.
You probably even still remember all of the songs and best one-liners to ever come from the movie, like this one-liner below by Leleti Khumalo which is currently circulating as a meme on social media.
Since her role on Sarafina, Leleti's career has catapulted to even greater heights from acting on various internationally recognized movies, to even acting on local drama's that are loved by many South African's.
Here's a list of some of the things we didn't know about Leleti Khumalo:
1. At the age of 16, she left her home in Durban to pursuit a career in Joburg.
2. Leleti actually wanted to be a social worker and not an actress, the acting part started off as just a hobby.
3. At a certain point in her youth, she and her siblings were raised by their older brother as her father wasn't around and her mother had to leave for months on end to go work. This was part of the reason why she left for Johannesburg as a teenager.
4. Leleti Khumalo actually gave birth to triplets and not twins, sadly the third child passed away. She sadly experienced two miscarriages before the birth of her twins.
5. During her Sarafina days, Leleti felt a bit overwhelmed at being the lead act for the movie, and was close to giving up, however she was encouraged by Whoopi Goldberg to keep pushing and to be her best. Goldberg would constantly refer to Leleti as the star of the show.
Main Image Credit: Faceboo/Uzalo