DJ and producer C-Live is still in hospital. The Club 808 presenter and his family were involved in a fire that claimed his 11-year-old son's life.
His mother, Virginia Shabalala, told Daily Sun that C-Live is still haunted by his son's last words. "Dad! Help me. Aunty Portia, help me!" She told the paper that the family is still shattered following her grandson's death. The fire started in the young boy's bedroom at the DJ's home in Johannesburg east.
"It broke my heart when I was sitting with C-Live in hospital and he told me how the words wouldn’t leave his mind. He went for trauma counselling but it will take time." C-Live reportedly sustained burn injuries while trying to save his son.
An emotional Virginia told Daily Sun: "I wish God could have sent angels to save him. We don’t care about the house, but it’s my little boy. I would leave KZN to come and see him and we would have so much fun together. He was my handsome grandson. He was the first child ever to call me gogo!"
She told the publication that funeral arrangements had not been finalised, but his grandson would most likely be buried at his maternal grandparents’ house in Roodepoort, west of Johannesburg.