Sindisiwe Manqele will reportedly use apologetic text messages she received from Flabba to prove that she killed him in self-defence.
According to City Press, "key pieces of evidence to be introduced at her trial include a series of 'communications' that appear to show Habedi [Flabba] was abusive towards the 26-year-old woman who allegedly stabbed him to death two weeks ago."
The paper reported that one of the messages read: "I’m sorry, I have messed up." This was reportedly sent months before the rapper's untimely death.
A source close to Sindisiwe told the paper that in the message, which was sent after one of the couple's arguments last year, Flabba apologised for being angry and said he would never do it [whatever he had done] again.
The rapper also admitted to being emotionally abusive.
City Press reported that Sindisiwe's lawyers will introduce these messages into evidence and they will become an integral part of the case. The case resumes in court on 13 May 2015 and will be moved to the South Gauteng High Court.
Sindisiwe, who is currently a student, was released on R10 000 bail on Monday, 16 March. She claimed that she hadn't meant to kill Flabba.
A source told City Press that Sindisiwe, who reportedly tried to kill herself after Flabba's death, is battling to cope with what happened.
"She’s having really bad nights since she has been released from jail. She’s not sleeping and has been given advice by people close to her to see a psychologist," the source said.