When it comes to love or two people tying the knot, we are always fascinated by how they met, and how long they dated before they decided they wanted to spend the rest of their lives together.
Mandleni (31) and Slondile's (29) love story is not unusual, but it’s interesting because it carries a religious background. Mandleni approached his pastor concerning his interest in Slondile and in return she prayed before she could say yes.
Unfortunately, the pastor’s role didn’t end there - she was also the wedding planner. Mamfundisi dominated the wedding more than the bride herself. We have a feeling that she’s the one who wrote to Our Perfect Wedding.
Amongst other things, she decided on the rings, maid of honour and the bridesmaids based on their complexion. If it were up to her, she would have negotiated the lobola herself.
As much as we might not approve of the pastor’s involvement in the wedding, we must give credit where it’s due. Mamfundisi did her research and her planning was well executed.
Here’s what we loved:
- The decor. Absolutely gorgeous and the best part is they didn’t use the hideous heart-shaped chairs trending at most weddings.
- The cake was beautiful, it blended very well with the decor.
- We're not sure about the maid of honour’s dress, but the bridemaids looked stunning in their dresses, just a bit disappointed about the weaves.
- Mlondeni and his groomsmen were on point and stylish.
- Some of the things including Slondile’s dress were generic but we commend her for choosing a well-fitted gown.
We're still a bit unsure why Mlondeni hugged his wife when he was supposed to kiss her. We hope the pastor doesn’t have anything to do with it.
This was certainly a perfect wedding. We are certain that Mamfundisi can’t stop preaching about it.
Because of her various skills, we think she should also look into presenting a gospel show because at some point she even overshadowed the new presenter.