ZAlebs caught up with Nicola Dunford, the winner of the ZAlebs Makeover Competition to find out how she felt about her win.
- Nicola, how does it feel to be the winner?
OMG! I’m just over the moon. I actually cannot believe this, it feels like I’ve just won a million rand. It’s such an overwhelming experience.
- You competed against nine other ladies, what was your secret strategy when it came to winning votes?
I actually just requested for people to vote for me on Facebook. I wrote on their walls, I even went on East Coast Radio and just requested for people to keep on voting for me. I basically did everything I could possibly do to get people to vote for me. It’s funny because I’ve even approach strangers to vote for me and they gladly did, so it’s just amazing how so many people came together just to vote for me. A huge thank you to them!
- When you told your family and friends about the great prizes you won, what was their re-action?
It was really just an explosion of excitement everywhere. People were screaming and shouting, people even posted my victory on their own Facebook accounts so it was just pure euphoria everywhere.
- One of the most interesting prizes you won is the liposuction laser treatment, how do you feel about getting your first lipo treatment?
I absolutely can’t wait; I’m so excited to do it. It’s just every woman’s dream to have one of those. I’ve actually lost some weight so this liposuction will inspire me to carry on losing weight and just looking after myself more.
- You’ve also won a shopping outing worth R25000, what are you planning on buying?
Shoes, shoes, shoes and more shoes! I’m going to have shoes everywhere, but I also plan on just having a bit of everything.