Yesterday's #Sowetoderby was nothing short of action packed, even if it ended in a draw (Hey believe me, for us non-football folk it's so much easier to bare with when both teams' fans walk away with the spoils).
Celebrities and popular figures around the country showed their support too; the Soweto derby really does bring the country together, and even if you're not a football fan, you'll find that one way or another you're following what goes on. Minnie Dlamini, Zwelinzima Vavi and Helen Zille were amongst the celebs who voiced their excitement and reactions to the Soweto derby on social media.
Here are the seven #Sowetoderby posts I loved the most from celebrities this weekend.
1. Zwelinzima Vavi's tweet was kinda sweet, if you think about it.
My wish for this day is that the overwhelming majority of the workers and poor must have a good day #SowetoDerby— Zwelinzima Vavi (@Zwelinzima1) March 7, 2015
2. Must be tough being you, Arthur!
3.I would probably have chosen Chiefs. Just to be on the same team as Minnie Dlamini and this gorgeous dress.
4. Justice Malala's Jacob Zuma caption was brilliant.
5. Hellen Zille was clearly not impressed at the drab result in the end!
Ag no man. Hayikhona! A goalless draw is like political parties ending in a dead heat in an election because no-one voted. #SowetoDerby— Helen Zille (@helenzille) March 7, 2015
6. Tsholo Maseko's live tweeting got pretty emotional too; scoreless draws aren't that boring...
7... or are they, as Zeus's hilarious retweet might beg to differ
Where to find Sikhu Ntsinde, the blogger behind this article: