Bomb Productions Issues Statement After Nirvana Nokwe-Mseleku Addresses Claims

Celebrities

Bomb Productions has broken its silence over sexual assault allegations involving Red Ink performers Bonko Khoza and Nirvana Nokwe-Mseleku, releasing a detailed statement after the actress discussed the dispute in a recent TV interview.

Bomb Productions responds after Nokwe-Mseleku discusses allegations

The production company finally addressed the claims made by actress and singer Nirvana Nokwe against her former Red Ink co-star Bonko Khoza. Bomb Productions’ response was issued on Wednesday, 20 May 2026, several hours after Nokwe-Mseleku appeared on a telephone interview for a YouTube episode of Music Pulse, where the issue was reportedly revisited.

In the statement, Bomb Productions said it has zero tolerance for mistreatment of any kind and that the matter was handled with urgency from the moment concerns were raised.

Internal investigation found no sufficient evidence

Bomb Productions said that when Nokwe-Mseleku brought forward her concerns, they were immediately taken seriously and an “extensive process” of consultation and investigation was launched.

  • The company stated that an internal investigation was carried out after the concerns were raised.
  • It claimed the allegations could not be confirmed because there was not enough evidence to substantiate them.
  • Bomb Productions added that the investigation ended without sufficient grounds to validate the allegations.

The production house also said it informed both Nokwe-Mseleku and Khoza of the outcome and advised them of additional options they could pursue if they disagreed with the findings.

Bomb Productions further outlined what it said were the procedures used around the controversial on-set material, claiming that both performers had been briefed in advance about the nature and intensity of the scene before signing contracts.

  • The company said consent and comfort levels were repeatedly assessed during rehearsals and filming.
  • It reported that a safety officer was present on set.
  • Bomb Productions claimed both actors were reminded they could stop the scene or request a pause in filming if they felt uncomfortable at any stage.
  • The statement alleged that once Nokwe-Mseleku raised concerns after filming, production for that day was immediately stopped.

According to Bomb Productions, the day’s filming pause was followed by multiple meetings involving producers, directors, and key crew members who were present during the shoot.

Apology request reportedly refused; support offered

The company’s statement also touched on discussions between the parties, saying Nokwe-Mseleku allegedly asked Khoza for a formal apology letter during their engagement about the matter—an offer the actor reportedly declined.

In the company’s wording, Khoza stated he did not agree with the allegations made by Nokwe-Mseleku and therefore was not willing to write any letter.

  • Bomb Productions said emotional support services were made available to Nokwe-Mseleku using the company’s resources.
  • It added that legal representatives were consulted during the process.
  • The statement also said SWIFT (Sisters Working in Film & Television) was involved in the handling of the issue.

Online reactions follow statement; full response shared publicly

Bomb Productions’ lengthy reply has since drawn strong reactions online, with social media users split in their views about how the company addressed the allegations.

The production company also posted its statement publicly on 20 May 2026, sharing it through its official social media account, prompting renewed debate around the dispute.

Zibuyile Dladla
Zibuyile Dladla
Senior Writer

Zibuyile began her media journey as a sales intern at Mediamark (Kagiso Media) before moving into digital content creation for ZAlebs.com. Over four years, she helped evolve the platform from a simple blog into one of South Africa’s leading independent entertainment news sites.
Following ZAlebs’ transition to Celebrity Worx in 2016, Zibuyile was promoted to Executive Editor, recognized for her sharp audience insight and ability to match editorial with branded content. Highlights of her time include a Bookmark Award nomination, judging TLC’s Next Great Presenter, reporting from the MTV EMAs, and building partnerships with radio stations like YFM, Cliff Central, and Good Hope FM.
Her editorial work also expanded to include fast-growing digital verticals—such as lifestyle tech, online entertainment, and gambling-related content—tailored to evolving reader interests and brand opportunities.

Zalebs

Recommended guides

Licensed picks, bonuses, and red flags—one sharp, region-by-region read for every market below.