Known for his rebellious character, Themba from ETV’s Rhythm City, Sphamandla shares how his love for acting started as well as his success tips for the youth.
Born in Thokoza in the East of Joburg, this 25-year-old actor had no intentions of becoming an actor until someone made him realise how good he actually is.
The actor stole our hearts when he first landed the role of Themba on Etv's Rhythm City. His street style and street-smart ways caught the attention of viewer so much that when he exited the show, he had a whole #hashtag. (#RIP THEMBA) dedicated to him.
- You might also like to read: Expect the unexpected with Nolo Phiri
Here are five fun facts about Spha that you didn't know.
1. Sphamandla decided to pursue a career in acting when one of his brothers acting friends couldn't make it to the play that was showcasing and he was asked by the director to fill his shoes.The director was so impressed that he was willing to help Spha get into the industry. His first major television gig was the role of Gazi in Mzansi Magic’s feature film, Rise. One of the executive producers of Rhythm City was part of the crew that made this feature film and they too were so impressed by his performance that they gave him the role of Themba two years ago!
2. Sphamandla matriculated in 2011 and after the director gave him feedback on his acting, he decided to study Drama and Visual Arts for a year. Since he started acting, he loves to tour around schools and share words of encouragement with his young fans.
3. Although he is off our screens right now, Spahamandla is working on his production company and his brand. His company is called Double Up Productions.
4. He has a very close relationship with two fellow actors Mlungisi Mathe and Oros Mphofu.
5.The talented actor is obsessed with shades, he has all the shades you can think of. He almost can't live the house without a pair.
- You might also like to read: Rhythm City's Mduduzi Mabaso shares how his wife made him believe in love again
Image credit: Instagram.com/@sphamandladhludhlu