Kwesta is undoubtedly one of our favorite rappers in the game. From spitting bars locally and being mentioned amongst some of the biggest international acts, Kwesta is a force to be reconed with.
You may think you know all there is to know about your favorite rapper, but here's some of those finer details about Senzo Mfundo Vilakazi aka Kwesta that you might not know.
1. While he was still on the come up, he called himself Quest
2. Kwesta and his lady got matching ring tattoos way before they even spoke about marriage. How cute is that?
Earlier this year, we all speculated that Kwesta and his girlfriend, Yolanda Mvelase, tied the knot traditionally but actually, it was just their Umembeso. An Umembeso is a traditional Zulu ceremony that takes place just before the wedding.
In March, Kwesta then blessed his queen with the real thing which she wears over her tattoo.
3. Kwesta's parents got divorced when he was eight-years-old and hardly ever came together for anything, but on one special occasion, they put aside their differences and came together for their son.
4. Kwesta dropped out of high school at the age of 16 to pursue his music career
5. For the smash hit “Ngud’,” producer DJ Maphorisa slowed down Joakim‘s remix of “Camino Del Sol,” a 1982 house track from the French-Belgian group Antena, into “an old school kwaito tempo, making it a woozy beer anthem for the shebeens,” wrote OkayAfrica contributor KILLAKAM.
A Ngud is a 40 oz. - what the Americans would call a 40 ounce of beer.
The track was received so well that it made some of his caucasian fans wish they understood township slang. How cool is that?
Image Credit: Instagram.com/@kwestadakar